In 2010, a small group of passionate citizens in Guelph along with Dr. Kate Flanigan, a long standing veterinarian in Guelph, had a vision of an alternative animal rescue organization that would give more animals in our community an opportunity for a better life. The group met to officially establish New Hope Animal Rescue. This dedicated group’s objective was to establish a new complimentary organization that would provide a low-cost spay/neuter program that would create affordable adoption fees for animals under New Hope Animal Rescue’s care. A fostering program would be developed to include approved foster homes as well as promote the opportunity for owners to keep their pets until a forever home is found. This newly created organization was dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for animals in Guelph and the surrounding area.
- Provide compassion, safe housing, nurturing, healthcare for the animals in our care
- Develop foster program initiatives within the community. To be the liaison for foster homes and adoptions
- Provide a low-cost spay/neuter program for animals that come into New Hope Animal Rescue’s care to help create a more affordable adoption process
- Initiate fund raising and public awareness to provide sustainability of our organization and to successfully meet our goals
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with reputable Animal Rescue Groups to increase companion animal adoptions into forever homes
- Develop and raise community awareness through education and media about animal issues